Thursday, August 27, 2009

Yes it's been a week already or possibly, it's finally been a week

The transition being back home has been hard as I have said. One of the things I've notice the most is with routines. I knew that I have always liked routines but I was reminded of that as I have been back. I was so use to the way life worked down there. Everyday was filled with different things and even the days we had off were usually filled with exploring, shopping in the tiungis, replying back to the multiple messages we let pile up during the week, etc. whatever it might have been our days were filled. Last week my week was filled with school work, getting things for school, and other errands that needed to be done. But this week has been different. The days haven't been filled some of the evenings have but the days, nada. Which has thrown me into remembering everything and therefore missing everyone. Yesterday after the rain had subsided I went and sat on my front porch to read and write. I read through the daily reading in "My Utmost for His Highest." And my butt was kicked. For some reason coming home "granted" me forgetting all the things I was so aware of at Caravan. Such things as:
  • being aware of the enemy trying to make me ineffective and unproductive (1 peter 5:8)
  • not worrying- I know I have that tendency but cast all my cares upon Christ (1 peter5:7) "Worry implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what's happening in our lives." _Crazy Love, Francis Chan
  • Wherever you are be all there.
  • It's NOT about me.
I was allowing the fact that life now is not how is has been for the past fifteen months merit my attitude being down and letting my emotions control me. Of God knows when we need these kicks and He gave me mine in His perfect timing. Now I'm not saying that now everything is peachy keen, no it's still weird to be home and the transition is hard but when put into the correct perspective which is:
remember life isn't going to be easy because I have an enemy and he'll use whatever to keep me unproductive including my worry, emotions, and thinking it's about me. So often I forget this battle that we are fighting is not a war of flesh but of the spiritual realm which is real and my life isn't always reflecting that. I need to be putting on the armor of God and to be praying constantly (1 Thess. 5:17). Then also remembering it's not about me - my life is not my own it was bought at a price. God cares about my worries lay them at his feet and leave them there don't pick them back up the next day or even hour.
having that perspective does make things easier because God, the creator of DNA, supernovas, octves, humans, the world, the universe, that God...lives within us (followers, believers in Christ Jesus). When put into perspective it's easier. I still love and miss them but I know that we (me and my mcm family) are where we are suppose to be and that we are following God and saying, "Your will be done, not mine but Yours."

There was even more that God has been showing me this week from His Word and again through Chambers' "My Utmost for His Highest" but this would have been my "time" limit on a thursday night and too much reading tends to make people not want to read. :]

2 comments:

EH said...

Isnt it amazing that God does always know what we need. I think that we also wonder sometimes why we dont feel him and why it seems that He is not there. Of course I would go back and point to the fact that you made the time and took the time to stop and reflect and read. This is so important... this might be one of the things that I miss most about being home. I continually feel as if I dont have time to read. Which it is true that I have allowed my self to be soooo busy. The reality is that I just have not made as much time since I have been home.

Great quote " Wherever you are be all there"

EH said...

ok so just because you are at school now doesnt mean that you can just stop posting on Thursdays. Maybe you will in the next twenty minutes I am not staying up to find out. Hope all is going well over in GR.