Generation after generation filled with hearts set against the ways of God. Of course there were a few faithful men and women sprinkled within but as a whole, they were set against God. There would be revivals and the few faithful individuals continued to clear the stage so that there was only one to be praised, yet time and again they put others up on the stage pushing God back. But God did not want back stage or stage left, He wanted the stage. He was jealous for them as a husband is for a wife. This jealous was good and to be expected. Yet His love was not just jealous but it was like a Father and Judge. Because He loved them so much there had to be discipline....because He is just, there had to be consequences. For decades, they were displaced people under the rule and authority of foreign men; their language, customs, values, beliefs, culture no longer primary. They revolted and rebelled against the Holy, Just, Righteous, Loving God...they screwed up. But then decades after coming to that strange land through a man named Zechariah they heard God say:
I was very angry with your fathers...but return to me and I will return to you. Do no be like you fathers, to whom the former prophets cried out, 'Thus says the Lord of hosts, return from your evil ways and from your evil deeds.' but they did not hear or pay attention to me. Your fathers, where are they? And the prophets, do they live forever? But my words and my statues, which I commanded my servants the prophets, did they not overtake your fathers? Satan is accusing you but I rebuked him. I removed your filth - your sin and I clothed you with pure clothes. I am jealous for you with great jealousy, ad I am jealous for you with great wrath. You shall be my people, and I will be your God, in faithfulness and in righteousness. You have been a byword of cursing among the nations, O house of Judah and house of Israel, so will I save you, and you shall be a blessing. Fear not, but let your hands be strong. Rejoice greatly! Shout aloud! behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is he, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey. I will strengthen you, and I will save you. I will bring you back because I have compassion on you, and you shall be as though I had not rejected you, for I am the Lord your God and I will answer you. I will bring you home. I will make you strong in my name and you shall walk in my name.
Despite their utter depravity, rebellion, and revolting He still loved them with a jealous love. He still hears their cries and answers them. He still welcomes them home. He fights for them. He washing them clean of all their dirt and filth. He gives them strength and makes them a blessing.
The King did come in the form of a baby. He was (is) righteous and brought salvation by taking upon the sins of the world. He defeated sin and death. His love was (is) so great that He died for all people and for anyone who believes there is eternal life.
What about you? What has your life been filled with? Are you still living in the filth of your own life or have you heard the Father's cry for you to abandon the ways of our fathers in rebelling and to come home to Him? Have you know He is jealous for you? Do you know that He rebuked Satan and took your filth? Will you respond to His love and follow Him or continue in filth?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment