Monday, January 14, 2013

Love

Love your neighbor as yourself...
This is not a new verse. But I had a new thought on it this morning as I was talking with a friend. When I think of this instantly I think of the love that I need to be extending to others around me but I miss that last part, as yourself. So what if you don't love yourself? Can you really and truly love others? For we are to love our neighbors as ourselves therefore we better be loving and caring for ourselves as well. Now, know that when I say love ourselves I don't mean in a narcissistic way but rather we are so good at hating on ourselves rather than recognizing that we are made in the image of God and therefore have worth and dignity.   So is it possible that in order to love others better we have to love ourselves better?

No comments: