Also this is different but kind of on the same page, this morning I saw this video my friend made and I think this in the same lines as I was speaking above:
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
The Bride
This morning as I was spending time with Jesus I was burdened for THE Church. I was reading in 2 Chronicles 25. The part that specifically caught my attention and burdened me are verses 17-28. Israel God's chosen nation split, fighting against each other, ravaging through God's house... They chose idols of the nations around them. I saw an all too familiar picture as read those verses. Today the Bride is not one cohesive body. We are all chosen by God yet like Israel we are split and fight each other. Even within certain congregations... In saying all of this, I recognize that conflict is not bad because from conflict comes growth. Paul did not back down from exhorting and challenging his brothers and sisters. We need to be continually pointing each other back to Jesus, back to the Bible. And we as the receiving end of such exhortation need to be willing to hear unlike King Amaziah (2 Chronicles 25:14-16)... This burden was felt because I do not believe The Church is being The Church as God intended us to be. So will you join me in praying for God revive The Church, for The Church to rise up?
Also this is different but kind of on the same page, this morning I saw this video my friend made and I think this in the same lines as I was speaking above:
Also this is different but kind of on the same page, this morning I saw this video my friend made and I think this in the same lines as I was speaking above:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment