Wednesday, March 21, 2012

You'll Come

Lately I have been extremely overwhelmed by the current state of the world. In one of my classes we were talking about the recent tragedy in Afghanistan with a U.S. army man killing off a whole village. As I read over the article again I cringed to think of all those innocent lives. Then we talked about the affect psychologically for the soldiers and again my heart sank. I recently watched a movie on trafficking that is occurring in eastern Europe, there were times when my stomach was churning others where I wanted to get up and punch some of the people in the movie and yet others where I couldn't open my eyes. A different movie I watched recently was on terrorism from a South Asian perspective and my heart broke. All of these have (at least) one thing in common, after and during each I was crying out to God. It's in all these events I saw the depravity of man and it brought me to my knees to pray and pray. To plead that Jesus would send out His laborers for the only way any of this is going to change is by the saving and loving power of Jesus Christ... and the only way all of this will be gone is when He returns but we know that all nations will be represented and therefore this perfection will not come until all nations know. So again I plead, Lord this world needs you desperately. People need you. Send out your laborers. Break down the fears and idols that they may have in their lives that are holding them back from sharing your love with all and for going to those who would hurt them if they proclaimed Your name because those people still need You. Send out Your church. And Jesus, I eagerly await Your Return.

No comments: