Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Far too great
For the last several years I have been taking the different steps to prepare myself for the moment that at one point was six years off and is now just a short distance. Many of the different lessons I learned once a upon a time in a lovely city are returning. This next jump means I won't be a drive away from my family. I won't be able to visit and plan ridiculous straight drive road trips with my friends. I'll miss my nephews' soccer games. I may miss my friends getting married and having kids. I'll miss the Christmas traditions and my sisters and I being crazy when playing dancing games on the Wii...but as this list rolls on in the back of my mind Jesus comes to the forefront. He became nothing (Phil 2). He died so that I might have His righteousness (2 Cor. 5:21). He doesn't need me but He asked me to partner with Him and share His story and His love (Matt. 28:18-20; 2 Cor 5:14-20). So while that list above is precious to me and I have very dear and cherished moments from that list above... the cost of me not going is far too great. For He is worthy and they do not know His love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment