It started when my friend came back from a study abroad early this calendar year. She recounted one of the moments that is forever imprinted in her memory, "The dad's of our host families sat on and panel one evening and we were able to ask them questions. After a bit they asked us questions. Their first question, 'How come American Christians do not seem to truly live as they believe in God?' The students including myself just sat there trying to find answers until someone responded." What came next exactly in her story I don't remember but what she told me next has, "If we truly believed God is who He says He is, our lives would look so different."
Isaiah 57:15 For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy.
Matthew 28:20 I am with you always, to the end of the age.
Isaiah 40:48 Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the
earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.
Jeremiah 10:10 But the LORD is the true God; he is the living God and the everlasting King. At his wrath the earth quakes, and
the nations cannot endure his indignation.
Hebrews 1:2-3 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom
also he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he
upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of
the Majesty on high
John 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning
with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was
life, and the life was the light of men.
Psalms 54:4 Behold, God is my helper; the Lord is the upholder of my life.
Matthew 28:18 All authority in heaven and earth has been given to me.
Isaiah 43:10-11 Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me. I, I am the LORD, and besides me there is no
savior.
Psalm 47:7 For God is the King of all the earth
Exodus 15:3 The Lord is a Warrior, Yahweh is His name!
Colossians 1:16-17 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or
rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all
things hold together.
Psalm 24:1-2 The earth is the LORD's and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein, for he has founded it
upon the seas and established it upon the rivers.
Revelation 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Revelation 1: 17-18 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am
the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death
and Hades.
Colossians 1:12-14 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. He has
delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we
have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
The Bible is full of so many truths as to who God is and obviously these are only a few but even with these few here, if I believe God is who He says He is how am I to act? Worrying? Fear? Arrogance? Control freak? etc. In light of who God truly is these seem foolish then why do I act these ways? A.W. Tozer explains it when he wrote, "What comes to into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us." (Knowledge of the Holy) Do I truly believe that God is my strong hold? My actions will show this. Do I truly believe that He is Holy? Then I will approach Him with fear. Do I truly believe God has forgiven me completely? Then I would not live as though He hasn't. Do I truly believe He is my Father? Then I will cast my cares on Him and love Him deeply. Do I truly believe that all authority has been given to Him? Then I will obey.
Again this truth was brought to the front of my mind as I sang songs today with fellow brothers and sisters, "You're all You said You are!" (Holy, Matt Redman) Father I pray that my life will truly show that I believe You are all You say You are.
No comments:
Post a Comment