Friday, October 15, 2010

Effect of Salvation daily?

"We have salvation. It needs to effect our every day lives."



Penned by a dear friend:

Why do we give the devil a foothold with our words? With our attitudes?

Every time we get together, or even in our conversation with those around us..."I am so tired. I have so much homework. I am so stressed out. I have no time. I I I me me me me."

Why do we speak it? Why do we glorify Satan with our words and lack of trust? Why is it all about us? me me me me.

Stop speaking it! Stop letting every other Christian on this campus and off this campus, how much Satan has a foothold in your life! We spend more time giving the update on how Satan is dragging us down than on how God is lifting us up! How He is SO mighty and bigger than all things. Bigger than our schedules, bigger than our relationship problems, bigger than our speck of existence on this dirt clot! HE HAS WON THE VICTORY OVER SIN AND DEATH, AND WE CAN'T SEEM TO STOP TALKING ABOUT WHAT SATAN IS DOING IN OUR LIVES!!! What is going on!?!

THIS STOPS NOW.

We are not building up the kingdom. Christ has brought us out of the dominion of darkness and into the Kingdom of light! What a glorious thought that through Christ who gives me strength...I CAN DO ALL THINGS. If we really believe that, why are our mouths saying something completely different? Are we kingdom people or not? Can our God do all things or not? Am I His or not?

I am nothing without him. I can do nothing without him. Am I speaking that? Or is it just a happy thought in my head? Am i living that or is it just a catchy phrase? My existence, brief as it is, is not really mine at all. I belong to Him. The powerful one. The mighty one. The one that NEVER loses. EVER. EVER. EVER. The one who is ever-faithful, ever-loving, ever-righteous and ever-holy.

Why? How.....

His love for me....

His love for me....

His love for me....

Run with me... toward HIM. The one who's love is immeasurable! How great his love for you for me!

This changes now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I cant even begin to say how much of a needed reminder this was. The power of Jesus, the almighty power of Jesus, the omnipotence of our Lord Jesus Christ - for the believer, this is a source of great confidence. Let's live it!