Sunday, March 28, 2010

My heart is being beaten

There was a time when I would have used to say, "I hate cities." I am a nature girl. I love walking through the canopied pathways on a cool fall day as the leaves crunch under my feet and the trees are vibrant with color, however; there has been a change. I still love those walks and nature makes my fall on my face before our Father but there was a day almost two years ago I found myself in a dirty poverty stricken city in Mexico. Where I went into homes in which eight people would live in a twelve by sixteen home constructed of plywood and two by fours. My heart fell in love with those people but still I would adamantly hold to hating cities except that one. This weekend I found myself in another dirty poverty stricken city. It is a city I have been to many times only I never saw its real heart. I served along side whose home was called, the streets. I talked with those who yearned for love but were so neglected. I was hugged by people who came to that establishment to receive food for their families. I drove over gang lines and heard stories from thirteen year old boys who live in what they call Vietnam. I talked with a woman who though had no home but loved our Father so dearly. I saw a man neglected as a couple walked by not even acknowledging his presence. I saw deals made. My mind is spinning with all the things I saw, experienced, and the people I came in contact with. I left all that today and fought tears as we pulled away from that city.

It's been a few weeks now that the issues of poverty have really loomed over me. It's been a few weeks now that my heart has been beaten. This weekend, my heart was obliterated. Even now as I sit here trying to figure out how to convey the pain I feel, I'm at loss for words. This isn't right. People shouldn't be neglected. People shouldn't be sold. People shouldn't have to live on the streets or structures that are barely a step up. People shouldn't have join gangs for family. People shouldn't sell themselves for security. It's not right. I have always ask that my Father would break my heart for the things that break His - He's doing it. Continue Father continue. I cry out and praise You for the Cross for You have defeated all of the disgusting list above and every other disgusting list out there.