Thursday, March 25, 2010

All too Forgotten

Prayer.



James 5:16

Isn't it amazing that Christ's church would do anything without prayer?

Ephesian 6:10-20// how are we to put on the Armor? by prayer...why? God IS the armor

Our true aim must not be to work a great deal and pray just enough to keep the work right. We should pray a great deal and then work enough for the power and blessing obtained in prayer to fin its way through us to men.
_Andrew Murray


Luke 18:1-8 // which is crazier? one women who continues to go to the judge who won't give it or God's chosen ones not coming back to God to ask when God promises to grant it?


A calm hour with God is worth a whole lifetime with man...the work of God would flourish by us, if it flourished more in us.
_Murray McCheyne

Matthew 6:9-15

Why is it hard to pray?
we don't believe we are really doing anything when we pray
we rarely see prayer as the solution but more so as preparation for the solution

My life is one long, daily,hourly record of answered prayer. For physical health, for mental overstrain, for guidance given marvelously, for enmity to the gospel subdued, for food provided at the exact hour needed, for everything that goes to make up life and my poo service...I can testify with a full and often wonder-stricken awe that I...know God answers prayer. I have proved during the long decades alone, as far as man's help is concerned, that God answers prayer...It is the very atmosphere in which I live and breathe and have my being, and it makes life grand and free and a million times worth living. I can give no other testimony...Good is scarce just now. We life from hand to mouth. We have not more than will be our breakfast today, but I know we shall be fed, for God answers prayer...Prayer is the greatest power God has put into our hands for service. Praying is harder work than doing...but the dynamic lies that way to advance the kingdom.
_ Mary Slessor

1 comment:

Me. Thats all. said...

1 Thes. 5:17.

I miss you.