Tonight I watched Passion of the Christ with some girls, one who had never seen it before. As it came to the walk up to Golgotha there was one main thing that continued to circulate in my mind: "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. " (Luke 9:23) Our culture has made the cross into this nice little pendent that we were around our necks or get tattooed on our arms but this was not a honoring symbol but one of disgrace and the lowest way of death. As I watched Gibson's interpretation of the walk up to Golgotha and eventually the act of the crucifixion through tears all I could do was cry out, "I will go even unto death. I will pick up my cross." My imagination went wild as I watched and thought of ways those words could "get" me into trouble but it doesn't matter for HE is worthy! He became nothing so that we might become something. The highest became the lowest. Lord teach me surrender every day, that I may be less and you may be all. Show me the pain, give me eyes to see as you, teach me how to love as you. This life is not my own! Lord keep me focused on You as you direct me and carry me through things I cannot understand for I know You are in control and Your plans are the best. I will pick up my cross Lord and follow You.
Lord you gave your life for me, So I will give my life for you " - Because of Your Love, Phil Wickham
"Death alone will put a stop to my effort!" - David Livingston
"If Jesus Christ Be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him." - C.T Studd
"I have recieved my all from God, oh that I could return my all to God." - David Brainerd
"But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ, Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of know Christ Jesus my Lord." - Phil. 3:7-8
"But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God." - Acts 20:24
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment