When I was home on break i was talking to one of my friends who was on staff during the summer. She said, "it would be hard to get adjusted to life home and then back here again" Now that I'm back I can say um yeah it is definitely hard. It's hard because all the staff members that I was on staff with for my six months are gone accept Travis will be returning soon. I'm trying not to be always referencing this is how it was and this is what happened with all the former staff with the new staff girl. especially with my whole life in the last six months being with all of them here and thats where I am now except without them all. One of my friend wrote me a really encouraging letter and in it she said something like, "love with everything you have and then more." and then our director's wife's favorite word intentionality. So i'm praying like crazy and trying to just be a great person for the new staff girl.
Towards the end of my time at home the last week or so I started feeling "normal" again, used to the culture and way of life, and was hesitant about coming back but then we had a Mexico service the last sunday night i was there. It was so encouraging to hear what the team members shared. Just how God changed their lives and the application they are now doing. Everything from the culture, a lot of the messages, their devotionals in the morning, etc. terribly encouraging just to see the impact caravan was having when they were there and then to see it in action as i've been here. And as I was listening to them speak it just made me want to return to Mexico with all the more intentionality and to see the impact that Caravan has and to know that I have been so blessed to be a part of what God is doing here. Just to be reminded that Caravan is where God has me and that not only do i get the privilege of working there but I know God has so much to teach me still and I am so stoked to see what that will be. God must have some large stretching to do in me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
haha i think i know who the person is that wrote you the letter.
so everytime i read this and you talk about the influences that you have seen in people and the relationships that you have with the staff, and the people you meet and all i get really jealous. i really wanna be there with you. ok well i just wanna be there...not here (because that just sounded like a pick up line or something haha) oh well i will have my time...hopefully
Kendera, I will most definitely be praying for you. I miss you here oh so very much. But i will see you in a very short six months. I can't wait. I will talk to you soon my friend.
The funny thing is that I think no matter where we are we can go through similar struggles. I mean when we are seeking to live out our lives with a Christ focused "intentionality" then we will struggle in some sense leaving the places or people that we see God at work in. On the flip side as soon as we get to our new place in life , when we continue to be intentional' then we again see God at work in not only other peoples lives but our own as well. So I agree that the time at home was both amazing and difficult. I am also blown away that with in a matter of two days of being back in japan I see a door wide open for ministry. A friend shared with me these words before I left to come back. " Don't be hasty to get to the next stage in life , ie schooling, and think that is where God will use you. God is using you right now in many peoples lives including my own. So thanks for being used by GOd and continue to live daily wherever God has you intentionally Christ like loving God and loving people." (paraphrase and thoughts added)
I also want to point out that I how many times I used the word intention or tenses of the word :)
Post a Comment