I continue to come around to this idea of holiness, being set apart. Last Night was was talking to one of my friends and we found ourselves once again discussing this and what the means.
Holiness being set apart for Christ. Christ is the only holy one and I as a Christ followers am to be following His examples and instruction. Christ was in the World but not of it as I am called to do the same. If it (activities, etc.) had nothing to do with furthering the Kingdom and ultimately the Father He had no part in it. Therefore the same again applies to me and i should be evaluating life ridding it of all things not pertaining to Christ. So again I come back to music. Something to simple yet so prevalent in my life. Based on those words would that not mean music that is not sung by Christ followers I should not listening to them? Then movies? and other things as well. I want to ask the question how far do I go but then shouldn't I more be saying what else so that I may be like Christ! And then others may say this is too liberal and you won't be able to witness to others because you are closing yourself off but now can that be true? When trying to follow the examples of Christ? Or is it that this is just "too" far? I'm here in the World but I am not of it. "To act is to believe, and to believe is to act."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've been thinking about this a whole lot since your last post about it, and I'm still kind of torn.
I feel like if God created the music, then its okay. I do agree that we shouldn't surround ourselves with "bad" music, but if it isn't bad, I think we can still be glorifying God and listening to that music. I still don't know though...
I love the struggle, oh I must point out that I do believe you wanted to use the word conservative and not liberal.
Well I would through this thought out there for you to chew on. Where does our rationalization that we so often use in trying to determine right from wrong good or bad. In the are of pursuing holiness that at all costs I may be found to be being made more in the image of Christ. I see this being a battle the rest of my life so here is the thought to chew on.
I believe that pride is the main area in our lives which keeps us from giving in to living a life of holiness.
Example: There is nothing wrong with this it is not evil. True, but is it worth doing for the sake of Christ. And far to often I find myself defaulting to pride and continuing to indulge. Where I should be think that no matter what I have to give up GOd has my best in mind and that ultimately gaining Christ is above all. Above all.
I Will Rise - Chris Tomlin
Listen. Its breathtaking.
Post a Comment