today started out with Brad speaking. He was amazing this morning. he always does a really good job but i just felt like today was excellent. then me and three other staff headed over to the property next to the dorms to work on an expansion. we were having a great time. listening to tomlin, crowder, hillsong, hall, stanfill, etc. (only allowed to listen to christian music for the summer- one of our disciplines), having fun together, and just busting away at our job. Had a lunch break then resumed our work. I went in to grab a ladder and shortly after something hit my head really hard. i looked up first, being on the first floor of a build site but the floor was on then i looked down and saw a hammer lying on the floor. the other two girls asked me if i was okay, blankly i nodded in confirmation. they asked again, "yeah i'm fine." i walked into the "room" where i was working with one of the guys and the pain was a bit overwhelming. i rested my hands against the wall for a second then touched my head. When I pulled my hands away my fingers on both hands covered in blood. i very calmly, mostly because i was in shock, walked out and said, "i'm bleeding i'll be next door(in the dorms)." Mary, on of the administrative staff, had just returned from a build site with Nan who use to be an emergency room nurse. Nan washed off my head and realized that the hammer had only scrapped my head so i wouldn't be needing stitches. She put some medicine on it then told me to go lay down. Where i remained for the next 5 hours. i was dizzy and in pain but now i'm doing fine. i have a massive headache but i'm good.
but as i was laying down with nothing to do i read James 2 and 3. Our discipline this week is to write down two chapters of the Bible and those are the only scripture we can use the whole week. So i read my handwritten James 2 and 3 and in the last couple of verse in chapter three i came across this thought process or pondering. verses 17-18: But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. and earlier in chatper 3 it talks about the other kind of wisdom that is of the devil. but as i came on verse 17 and 18 it just struck me. wisdom that is good, of heaven, of God is laid out in those verses. And those adjectives of the Godly wisdom are simple but so deep. i don't know exactly how to put it into words but i just was really taken back by those verses wondering if i could say i have that wisdom.
so maybe God had a plan for me to get konked on the head so i culd slow down and just get to know him better. which makes me think of Frank Drown (Book: Missions to the Headhunters) when he got sick same thing. it was a time for him to get to know God better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
lol, isn't God weird?
I'm glad that you're okay.
I love you.
So are sure your okay because there were alot of misspellings in your blog. well I leave in 2 1/2 days, crazy. I am now wondering if I am ready for this experience am I really going to be able to do the task and build the relationships that I will need to.
Thats where I am right now.
wow i love how God works in our lives..you never know what will happen. but im glad your ok
Post a Comment