I went to the chiropractor yesterday and as he was explaining the different points in my back that needed adjustment he said this, "Our body is cool in the way it was made. It reacts to the major drama. So with your back it is these two areas but when we readjust we my find other areas that all of a sudden flare up. However they were probably there the entire time it is just that you were focused on the major drama but once you fix the major drama you find the underlying issues." After already having asked me what I was studying and what I wanted to do, he knew I was going to be working with people to which he smiled as said, "Hey that works with people too. You need to address those main drama areas before you can get to the underlying issues."
There's a song by Tim Hughes titled "God of Justice" that I always think of with justice issues. And one line in that song will forever be stuck in my head, "keep us from just singing and move us into action, we must go." Why? Not because of a fad, but because God is a God of Justice. to quote Dr. Cornell West from the Call + Response Movie, "Love is what justice looks like in public." So then I say..."Love your neighbor!"
No comments:
Post a Comment