Wednesday, September 29, 2010
the more knowledge
How are you suppose to respond when you hear the devastating history of the Holocaust knowing that it is history but then hear of Sudan knowing that is current life? When you watch a documentary that takes you into the brothels and know human trafficking is the fast growing crime and it exist even in the most conservative cities in America? When you realize your stomach growls a couple hours after eating your third meal when their are a multitude of kids starving to death? When you open your bottled water and your tap is fine but there are those who have to walk miles to get to the only clean water around them? When you hear that violence increases in villages simply because they don't have electricity? When you watch the real story (not the news version) of three men from three different religions who live in Bethlehem and their lives are utter chaos from war? When you hear that people are dieing of a preventable disease? When you see a family of 6 living in a scrap shanty while you know people who have two houses? When you begin to understand by the slightest glimpse from people's stories and pictures the depth of the slums in India? When you learn more and more of the devastation of poverty? .... what do you do? Father I am so overwhelmed. I know, I know Jesus is enough. The gospel is enough. period. I know these things but my heart is breaking...I'm overwhelmed. Father you are enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment