Sunday, June 13, 2010

God answers prayers

How do you respond once God begins to break your heart for all the things that break His? I just finished watching Hotel Rwanda for the first time. I was conflicted with emotion. My heart breaking again and again, tears streaming down my face, and hatred towards sin welling up. How can people commit genocide? How can people kill at all? As I was watching the atrocities that were in that moment contained by a screen but knowing full well it is life, I was reminded of hope. God is the only one who can truly save, who can fully end this pain. I've said this before and friends have said its crass but its truth, "If we save them from AIDS, malaria, being an orphan, etc. but don't share with them Jesus, the gospel, we are saving them for hell." Ya, it's harsh but its reality! Hell is real and God is the only one who truly save. From all of this world and all that is not. The enemy has dominion right now but...in the movie at one point they spoke of how no one was coming to help, they were cowards, no more. no more. I will go. I will go wherever you lead me. I will go to the darkest places to bring the only hope. Ya, I'm scared but its not about me. This my friends is the biggest justice I can bring to people, real hope - Jesus. this is how I respond. full fledge sprint towards Christ and everything He is about. oh, Father use me and may I be attentive and obedient.

No comments: