Thursday, June 10, 2010

Challenging Questions

What if we take away the cool music and the cushioned chairs? What if the screens are gone and the stage is no longer decorated? What if the air conditioning is off and the comforts are removed? Would His Word still be enough for His people to come together?
excerpt from Radical by David Platt

2 comments:

EH said...

Great questions... may it be that it is enough. I know I have seen a change in my own understand and desire for church. I am so sick of people having a lack of hunger for the Word being preached. Since when has a church service needed to be exactly 58 min or 65 min. I long for the Word to be preached more... what if our sermons were 5o min.

Sharon said...

This is completely unrelated to your post, but I"m on here so it's easier than getting on email again. You need to read the book "Revolution in World Missions". I'm reading it now and thinking of you constantly. I have a copy you can borrow, but if you can get a hold of it before Kosovo do so.