Saturday, February 20, 2010

Playing the Holy Spirit

I realized that there are times when I try to play "Holy Spirit". By that I mean I try to do the convicting. I'm not premeditating to play Holy Spirit but I was challenged twice today by two different people with my words. Sometimes I talk trying to convict people and while yes there are times when speaking up is necessary but what of prayer? Do I truly believe that the prayer of a righteous man is powerful (Js 5:16)? There are times when I need to stop talking and pray. The Word tells us to be in continual prayer (1 Thes. 5:17). Again there are times when I need to speak, I'm not saying I will never speak out again but I need to remember the Holy Spirit is the one that does the convicting and show that I believe that through my actions and therefore remain quiet at times but may I never remain quiet in prayer. My dear friend continually encourages and challenges me with this statement, "live prayerfully."

Oh Lord may this be true of me that I would live prayerfully, that my life would be mark by prayer to give You the glory. That others would see You not just me being passionate for I am only passionate for You and because of You.

No comments: