I was surrounded by a group of 300 plus students walking on the shoulder of the street making our ways to the sand dunes. Once we climbed the stairs to reach the sand we dispersed for an hour and a half of alone time. I sprinted up the dunes to my right finding the perfect spot with Silver Lake on my left and Lake Michigan on the right with sand of course everywhere in between. When I sat down looking upon His majesty. I couldn't help but sing praises. Sing beautiful and cannons by Phil Wickham which made me think of Ps. 104, which made me pray and sing more praises. How beautiful you are Lord!
Later after we returned to camp we entered the gym listening about Character :
where do I say one thing and do another?
the stuff you want to see happen can actually can happen…because of the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives
not so that we tell others how to live but challenge others by the way you live with that character
When we discussed these thoughts about Character afterwards we went around the group and talked about people we knew in our lives that exemplify godily character. One of the girls talked of someone she met in South Africa and because of visa problems she was threatened to be thrown into jail and this guy was going to make sure if that happened that he was going to be thrown in too compromising is reputation, etc. so he could protect her. And no matter who he talks to rich, middle, poor he was the same person. And I almost started crying it was crazy, I yearn so badly to have that character to be so in love with Christ it just overflows from me. And this is when the overwhelming continued from the morning sand dune time.
The next session was about Jesus being a servant washing his disciples feet– the last person expected to do the job is the one who did the job (john 3:1-17 & phil. 2:1-11)... we went back into our room(small group room) and our leader washed our feet. We sat in silence as she went around and when she came to me I just…I was in awe. I tried to picture Christ washing my feet and I would have responded like Peter, asking why you Lord? Then I was brought to tears by the fact that He did and then He was the ultimate servant and gave up His life… The rest of the night I was just in silence just in awe of God and wanting so badly to be like Him.
Oh Lord how majestic you are, may I continue to just delight in you. I am baffled by you, by salvation…it just wow I am in awe of you completely. Thank you Lord for delighting in me and allowing me to delight in you.
No comments:
Post a Comment