Last weekend one of my friends said something that has stuck with me, "Should salvation not effect our everyday lives? How would it look?" (And I have continued to ponder that then I started reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I read a little bit of this book then I'm overwhelmed and I have to stop and think and evaluate my life.
"It's crazy that we think today is just a normal day to do whatever we want with. To those of us who say, " today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money," James writes, "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. Wht is your life? You are a mist that appears for little while and then vanishes" (4:13-14).
oh and then
"Frederick Buechner wrote, 'Intellectually we all know that we will die, but do not really know it in the sense that the knowledge becomes a part of us. We do not really know it in the sense of living as thought it were true. on the contrary, we tend to live as thought our lives would go on forever.'"
pg40
I'm that person Francis and Buechner describe. I think future for when I'm on the missions field, when I'm at the University, when... and yes I KNOW that someday I'll day but what if it were today would I be happy with my actions, thoughts, words? Would other people see me living eternally? For Christ?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great ponderings...
QM... I love you and I enjoy reading your thoughts and entries. I love how you are growing with the Lord. You are such an encouragement to me.
About reading Crazy Love... Keep doing what you're doing. Don't just fly through it! I'm telling you- that book has changed my life.
I am praying for you lots and lots and lots.
Post a Comment