Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Seasons

It was getting close to the week where I'd have to part with a close friend and I was told that life is full of many seasons and that this was one. I recognize that life is indeed full of season even nature reminds me of this as I walk outside, of course they are a bit more obvious when I live in Michigan. Throughout my life I have had several friends and throughout the years I have a couple close friends. In elementary school into middle school and junior high there were a couple but we grew out of picking our noses and playing with blocks...we started to become who we are. There were friends that were lost due to crushes and us thinking that whoever that "week's" was was more important. There were some lost because sports became more important or school. Then in high school friendship seemed to be deeper and I hoped that the day would never come to prove everyone true, "you don't stay friends with your friends from high school." Then there is the cliche of "distance makes the heart grow fonder" ...Now there have been many friendships that went through a lot throughout the years and have stuck through the drama, the relationships, and the distance. But I was just reminded of these seasons again this past week as I became friends with one of the groupos who came with her church then once again at the end of the week to say goodbye. When I came back for my second "semester" here I found myself not wanting to open up at all because I wondered if I could do it all over again...become so close or even close with people only to say goodbye. I wondered, when this season of goodbyes, as cliche as that may sound, would end? But then i realized that I can't live that way. Enclosed. Never to be real with people. While seasons are always changing and I don't think this season will ever end but to be transparent with people show them who you truly are...always in hopes that they would see you...you being a sinner saved by grace. And in hopes that they if they aren't already your brother or sister that through that friendship and transparency that they might and then we no longer have to say goodbye but hasta luego, see you later. Now this still as, so true as it is...does not make this season easy, easier yes but facil no. posible un dia...

2 comments:

EH said...

this is a needed way of living... if we lived like this more often how much deeper and more real would we be with each other... how much faster would we grow in meaningful relationships... it shows alot of maturity when one starts to step up and live confident in their idenity in Christ no mater the struggle and trials which will come yet we can confidently say that " To know Christ is far better than anything else"
Just think of the disciples if they had not been willing to give their lives whole devoted to the cause of Christ but instead decided that they would sit in the upper room and not open up their lives to people. Or what about people who have been influencial in living the gospel out in your life if they had kept to themselves would you have heard already

Anonymous said...

hey. i really liked reading this. sorry about how long its been since we last talked. we can fix that soon.