A couple of weeks ago I read through Acts 10 a couple of times and now in our sessions Dave and Eddie are teaching on Acts 10 so here are some of the sweet things I've pulled out/been taught:
These are my thoughts. I shared this last thursday night with the groups:
Through that time I’ve become more and more confident that missions is where God want me. Even more so to take it to those who have never heard of Jesus. In Acts 10 Peter gets a vision with many different animals and a voice tells him to kill and eat. He responds with I can’t eat unclean meat. To which the voice says, “Do not call anything impure that God has created.” And then these three guys come to get Peter because Cornelius their master had a vision about Peter. But in that time it was against the law for Jews to associate with Gentiles. But after Cornelius talks of his vision and obedience to God Peter says this, “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right.” So how can I sit here and say I am to good to go to the nations who have never heard and at the same time say I know God and do his work. I didn’t even realize that I had that prejudice that the world has pushed that I thought I was better then other nations. But it makes sense because I didn’t want to go into missions until two years ago. But God does not show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right. So I must go!
notes from daves last two messages:
july25
-Break throughs in Acts are coming to those who are attentive to his voice
-Peter/Cornelius take time to just pray an hour day. (solitude/meditate) its noon...prayer. its three...pray
-Everything you've held dear let go- God is telling this to Peter through the vision- Peter's dietary ways
-I want you to go to a Gentile's House v.22 -->I want you to change everything you've known so that you go to a Gentile's (Nations) house Isaiah 49:6
july29
-Throughout the whole story God intervines
_____-visions, angels
_____-never skips the middle man (uses peter instead of the angel to tell cornelius)
-3 times peter says no to change, to expansion of his ways
_____-v34
_______-God rocked his ways and sent him into a gentiles house and just changed peters perspective
-Peter was outside his comfort zone in Cornelius' house
_____-v28 -- sent for...without any objections
-God is reversing the affects of Babylon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was really interesting....
Post a Comment