I know that makes no sense. What do you mean "don't remove?" They're weeds what else are you going to do to get rid of them? I understand that logic because I thought that too but let me explain with more landscaping.
As I told you, I work outside and the picture I painted last post of the weeds that had become tree is all true. We finally cleared that whole area. It took our crew a couple of weeks and a couple trips to urgent care due to a really bad case of poison ivy. It cost blood (many cuts and scratches), sweat, and emergency runs but it is done. I left for vacation and upon my return the once cleared area now has new weeds growing quickly already about knee high. We removed the weeds and got poison ivy but for what? More weeds?
Here's the key we didn't replace that area with anything. If we simply remove without replacing weeds will grow back. They may not be the exact same weeds as before but weeds will come.
Here's the key we didn't replace that area with anything. If we simply remove without replacing weeds will grow back. They may not be the exact same weeds as before but weeds will come.
So we must not just remove but replace. Where there are weeds of lies, replace with truth. Where there are weeds of anger, replace with joy. Whatever weeds are there replace with God - whether it be specifically his love, joy, truth, etc. replace the weeds with Him.
re·place
/riˈplās/
Verb
| |
In order to replace there still has to be removal but it can't stop there. Weeds will come but if you plant truth, lies will be choked out.
No comments:
Post a Comment