Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sun faded bracelets

You wouldn't think taking off bracelets would be such a big deal but when they hold all that they do...it makes it awfully difficult. I've been wearing them, except one, for at least two years and now I have to part with them? In an odd way I feel like I'm cutting off ties as well having to end the replay of memories. I know that is ridiculous but nonetheless that is how I feel. I had already cut one off last november. It was one I found around the dorms. The colors had faded and plus I needed to make room for the newest. This one represents a new phase - a new friend and a new "let's do this." Another fell off, thankfully, into my hands, it was given to me by a mexican family. on the same wrist as those was a blue and brown or rather now a blue and gray bracelet. It was given to me from my canadian sister who was on staff with me the first summer and fall. It was hard to cut it off.
The other wrist holds a once bright blue bracelet that was given to me the follow spring by the lovely ladies who sold them every week in front of the dorms. A blue and orange, the only one I bought in my time there. And lastly an odd ball brazilian bracelet given to me by mentor, sister, friend, mom, and boss. The once blue.. is now gone.
Yes I know slightly dramatic to write a blog about bracelets but really its not. I know the brief description of where they came from, possibly/most likely means nothing to you but each one has so many memories engraved. The memories are still there, yes but I think one of the reasons I am fighting this is it means I'm getting farther and farther removed from a community and a year I've never experienced before. Those who make up the community are spread across the states and into other countries so I cling to memories at times to remember it all.
Okay, so maybe this is still too dramatic, whatever. I miss it. It is what it is.
I know there is rest and comfort in Christ and that is why I am clinging to Him.

No comments: