Thursday, October 1, 2009

Running Hard

Recently there have been quite a few different changes happening. It's so funny to me, in an ironic sort of way. Two years ago this time I had a five year plan. I was going to graduate, go down to Caravan for a year, then head off to Virginia for four years...only oh yes, the only thing I followed to the "T" is graduating. I was at Caravan longer then I planned and I'm not definitely not in Virginia right now, the weather is telling me that one as well - whew its chilly. But despite all these adjustments over the past two years I still continue to make plans and I write about this all the time, would you think it would be kicked out of me or at least I would be smart enough to do something different haha. But alas once again I had one of these moments. I'm in a place I didn't plan on and I'm so glad I'm here. The support group that I was praying about looks completely different then I thought it was going to and they challenging me daily to dig deeper and be solid in my faith. I was going to be involved with a near by churches small groups but that didn't work and now I'm becoming involved in ways I never expected. I was arrogant in thinking that I was the only one who understood the need for missions, really how arrogant. I wasn't sure what to expect for church, God provided above expectations.

Two questions: Why am I continually surprised that God changes my plan? When God told Abraham, Moses, the disciples, and many many others He didn't say go with your plan but rather He said "Go! Leave all you know and follow me. Follow my plan." (Gen. 12:1, Exodus 3, Mark 1:16-20) And why am I surprised that God is working? He has been, is, and will continue to work for eternity and I have only been and will be as He allows me to be; I am but a vapor (James 4:13-15) but as the four living creatures cry out (Rev. 4:8) "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come."

I was brought back to my life statement again this week as I was learning this that I should be in all I do, living a life worthy for the Lord, life worthy of the gospel. That I continue to surrender all comforts, personality, significance that I have, plans, whatever it may be, to surrender all. For when Christ called the disicples they dropped all to follow Him, when Abraham left his family he didn't know where he was going but he obeyed and went (heb. 11:8), Moses tried to give excuses but he still went and God was with him, now today my story is similar. He is calling me to drop all even as I don't know where I am going, to go.

God continues to encourage me everyday with little things reminding me His plan is the best and He is in control.


I hear You calling me and I come running
I've fallen into love and nothing will stop me
I hear You calling me and I come running
_Heaven and Earth, Phil Wickham

No comments: