Friday, December 19, 2008
Set Apart
As people trying to strive for a life of holiness are there things that aren't necessarily bad that we should refrain from? The thing that I keep thinking about is music (and movies but mostly music). If artists aren't Christ Followers should we be listening to their music? For even when they don't sing about sex, drugs, or violence but sing about love their love isn't real for they don't know Christ. And therefore if the rule of thumb for music is, "are they glorifying to God?" Wouldn't a false love be dishonoring and more as an idol? Or songs that are more depressing or sad, same reasons; they are trying to fill their life with other things where God should be. dishonoring?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ok i still disagree with you but i dont know if it's because i dont want it to be true or if i really dont agree with you
man i'm the only one who cares enough to read and comment...
I'm going both ways with this one
Listening to music that isn't christian can still be worship, and isn't worship glorifying to God? I mean, I don't think we should be listening to bad music and saying its worship, but I know sometimes for me, music with beautiful harmonies, or even a key change can really be worship for me. Even if the artists purpose for that song isn't to glorify God, I think it still can be used to on a personal basis.
But on the other hand, I see what you are saying (in our conversation). I defiantly have to look into that more.
Post a Comment