Monday, October 6, 2008

Tijuana Roof

Blankly starring at the city lights tonight
Trying to comprehend these spiraling thoughts
Explain to me how this works
Being aware of all I've done
and loving despite?

There's no comparison for me to look to
For understanding
Your love is beyond all

Explain to me how this works

It doesn't fit into the world's mentality
Looking beyond self and pride
Explain to me how this works
Being the All Powerful, Sovereign God
Who deserves it yet gave it all and came to serve.

You've known from teh beginning
What I've done
And to the future of what will be
I am not in my rightful place
Destitute alone on the streets

Cursed by all my life
For its wages are death
And even my life is not enough
I am unworthy

Only the greatness of your love is enough
No longer a slave, these shackles broken
For you love knows my faults
Yet forgets all I've done
No records kept but washed clean

Explain to me how this works

So I may never understand the depths of your love Lord
But one thing I know
That by your love,
I am free

Your love is beyond all

For it is all I'll ever need, its all I'll ever need
You are all I'll ever need

No comments: